What is Hootsuite?
Hootsuite is a powerful social media management tool that you can use to save time, build awareness for your brand, and analyze your social results to see what works.
You can use Hootsuite to publish and promote content on social media, increase brand awareness, engage with your audience, and generate leads. With Hootsuite, you can manage all of your social accounts, across different social networks, in one place.
If you're a Canada Life branded advisor, you're Hootsuite account is already set up as part of the Canada Life Digital Toolkit program.
Self-branded advisors can visit the Canada Life Digital Toolkit sign up page to sign-up for Hootsuite for $30/month plus tax.
Each advisor gets their own login for Hootsuite; there cannot be multiple users associated to one login. If you want to have someone managing your social media channels on your behalf, you will have to share your login credentials with that team member.
You’ll receive an email from the Field Marketing team with your Hootsuite login credentials.
Once you login, you’ll be prompted to create a new password. From there you will then be directed to the Hootsuite home page.
Unable to login? Try resetting your password or contact Field Marketing.
Getting started checklist
1. Gather your current social media profile details, make sure you remember your usernames and passwords for when you connect your social networks to Hootsuite.
2. Take a look at this short clip of Hootsuite Amplify, the first tool that you'll be using.
3. Download the Hootsuite Amplify App from the App Store or Google Play Store. Using your business email address, click on "forgot password" to get a password set-up link sent to you.
4. Watch these helpful video tutorials. After downloading and connecting to the Hootsuite Amplify mobile app, you can take your social media efforts to the next level.
For additional advanced social media functionality, visit the Hootsuite website on your computer. You can use the same login as you did for Amplify. You will be able to create your own content, engage with others and listen for keywords.
Connecting your social accounts
Once you login to Hootsuite you’ll land on the home page. The first time you sign in, Hootsuite prompts you to connect your social accounts and set permissions. The number of social accounts you can add depends on your plan type, but we recommend adding at least two or three. As an example, an Instagram account, a Twitter account, and a Facebook Page make up a total of three social accounts.
For step-by-step instructions for connecting each type of account in web or mobile, see:
Subscribing to Amplify topics
Topics make it easy to find and share content you are interested in. You can subscribe to topics you want to see in Amplify and unsubscribe from those you aren't interested in. Your admin may have already subscribed you to some topics.
1. Go to Amplify, and then select Edit
2. Use the options at the top to filter your subscriptions. You can see all subscriptions, what you're subscribed to, and what you're not yet subscribed to.
3. Choose what you want by selecting Subscribe or Unsubscribe above each topic preview.
Digital Agent Microsite